Thursday, September 25, 2008

Absebtee Ballot

I filled out and sent off my absentee ballot application yesterday. I found this website (http://www.fvap.gov/) that has useful information for what to fill out and where to send it. I can't miss this election; the last thing the US needs is another war (this time with Iran) if McCain gets elected.

Also, there is more news about the school appeal. The superintendent (who speaks English) called me at my work number last week to tell us the result of our appeal. This was the first time we had talked directly to them (before it had all been via a translator that did not know the full details to answer their questions) so before he could say anything I gave a fast sell with T and explained that we had home schooled him before, that he does very well with his own self directed projects, is not happy in a traditional classroom situation, and so on. He said that they didn't realize this when they made their decision before (of course, how could they without talking to us) and then said that he wants V and I to visit the school all of the school day next Friday (tomorrow) and then come and observe T in his class (without him knowing they are observing him/saying they are looking at the entire class) at some point before making another final decision. So, we will see what happens.

No comments: