Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Driver's License, Part I

Tuesday I started the process to get a German driver's license. If the alternative school works out we will need to commute by car since it is not on any of the rail lines and too far to bike to every day. Also, since I have been here over six months it is illegal for me to drive with my US license. On the bright side, since we switched our residency to NC before moving, I don't need to take a driving test, just a written one, and a German license is for life; it never expires. I went to the county courthouse and started the process, and picked up some extra passport pictures in town for the license. Then I hopped the train to Kiel and left my license with the autoclub there for an official translation, which is required before I can take the test.

No comments: