Monday, June 28, 2010

Germany vs. England

Just a brief note about the game over the weekend. It seemed to be a big deal. You could tell each time Germany scored a goal without a radio or tv on. People would cheer off into the distance over the town. We figured it would be a good time to get groceries and sure enough, hardly anyone was driving and the store was a ghost town. I did see one woman that ran into the store from apartments across the street talking on a cell phone, then minutes later came running back out talking in the phone. A little while later we could tell Germany won because everyone except for us was yelling, fireworks were set off and cars were driving around beeping and playing music loudly. They all seemed to have a good time with the game.

3 comments:

Carpe Diem said...

My guilty pleasure... I watched and cheered too. My husband already knew the score and had recorded the game for me, but bless his heart, didn't let on a thing as I watched it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.