Sunday, June 17, 2012

New headlight bulbs

The latest work on the car, but not that exciting.  When driving at night, especially in areas that are well lit, it was hard to tell if the headlights were on or not.  I doubt the bulbs have ever been changed before.  I picked up some new bulbs that are supposed to be 25% brighter.  I did not get the super bright « BLUE DAWN » bulbs.  Not only are they amazingly expensive, I really don't like them in other cars.  I have been blinded before when another car is coming toward me with those bulbs in it so that I couldn't see the road.  (I am surprised they are legal; we are so obsessed with « safety first » in the US, but somehow these fell through the cracks.)  So got the cheaper less bright ones.  I wrestled the plug out of the back of the headlight and showed the kids how to replace the bulbs.


We could already tell a difference driving to the grocery store last night.  The light from the headlights was visible on the road ahead and lit up the signs reflecting back to us.

1 comment:

Cybelle Johnson said...

you should take the branded headlight bulbs for your car. dont just take some cheaper headlight bulbs some it cant exist longer. you can check some car headlights just click here.