Thursday, July 10, 2008

Head wound!

Late in the day Tuesday T showed up at work out of breath and ran to me after someone let him in the building. "M was hurt and her head bleeding!" So I dropped everything and ran home with him. V was there in the bathroom sitting on the floor holding M and there were smears of blood on the floor and holding a cloth to her head. She had washed her some in the tub to clear away the blood that was everywhere. I found out that her and T were playing with a ball in the living room. She had jumped off the couch to catch it and hit her head on the edge of the coffeetable. It cut the top of her head and bled like crazy. There was blood all in the living room too. I grabbed my first aid kit and a freshly washed and sun dried sock. M said it hurt when V wasn't pressing on it but I told her I would be as fast as possible. I cut the top part of the sock off, put neosporin on the cut, put the "sock bandage" over it, and wrapped it to her head with an ace bandage to hold everything in place. Later she added a pink night-cap to cover the bandage over her head. In the morning everything was removed and M scrubbed to get all the blood out of her hair. She seems perfectly fine now.

1 comment:

David said...

Glad to hear she is ok.