Monday, December 14, 2009

Amber and Gingerbread

On Sunday morning, T and I drove up to the Baltic coast and walked up and down the beach. It was cold and windy, but it was good to get out for a bit and walk next to the ocean. We looked for amber just for fun; we didn't really expect to find any. There was a guy on top of some cliffs that had a sail-wing out and every now and then he would take off into the air and glide around. It looked like fun, but he must have been freezing up in the wind. Around 2pm we got back in the car to warm up and headed back.

Sunday night M and I started putting together a gingerbread house. We connected the sides with melted sugar (which I wouldn't let M do because I was worried she might get burned, sure enough I got burns on two of my fingers). Now we have the bread frame together and she can decorate it with frosting and candy.

No comments: