Monday, February 6, 2012

A habital planet in our backyard?

My father sent me a link to this story in Time. 

Back in November, I posted about the probability of habital zone plants close to our solar system.  Well, one has been found, GJ667Cc, that is only 22 light years away!

In January I posted about the need to increase funding to NASA, to help the US economy among other things.  Let's get started planning the mission to GJ667Cc! 

Also, for fun look at this SETI@home screenshot I grabbed the other day when I noticed the peaks. 


In the upper part in red, there are three strong peaks (green tips) in the signal with equal spacing.  This signal, if it is not a local artifact, came from the direction of Eta-Arietis, which is 98 light years away.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog