Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Solar Adjustments

I packaged our solar collector setup in a plastic storage tub under our work table.  This will free up some table top space and get it out of the way.  I drilled holes in the side of the tub for safety, to keep it well ventilated, and to pass wires through when the top is secured.  It is large enough to add a second battery later on to build more charge capacity.  I fastened the charger up on the side and in the picture below (with the lid off) it is showing a green light meaning the battery is fully charged.


I also replaced the DC to AC power inverter.  To put it simply, the last one was a cheap piece of junk.  I tossed it in my junk collection box to use as parts later on.  I replaced it with a Wagen EL2402 200W inverter that works much better.  In the picture below I am using it to run a 26W florescent light, charge our weed eater battery, and charge the ipad via the USB port, all simultaneously and without a penny to the oil/coal powered electric company. 


No comments: