Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Trying to find a movie...

I remember a movie that I saw on TV as a kid.  It was possibly made in the 70's.  It wasn't that good of a movie but recently I tired searching for it online and couldn't find anything related, as if it never existed.  So this has piqued my interest as a kind of challenge.

Here is what I remember.  An aeriel photographer takes pictures from a small private plane in a dry scrub country (type of land, not nation) like the US Southwest.  When developing the film in his darkroom it is ruined by red lines in the image.  Later there is an earthquake and he realizes the red lines in his pictures predicted the earthquake.  Then he takes pictures of a small town and the lines are running right thru the town.  So he flies to the town to try to warn everyone and convince them to evacuate...

So, does this ring a bell for anyone out there, what was this movie (title, year, major actors)???

-----

Update: Wow, that was a fast response!  I should have asked here earlier.  So the movie is "The Day the Earth Moved" 1974 starring Jackie Cooper (he played Perry White, the editor of the Daily Planet in the Superman movies), Cleavon Little (Bart in "Blazing Saddles") and Stella Stevens (she was Linda Rogo in "The Poseidon Adventure").  Thanks.

By the way, I used to work in a darkroom like the one in the movie.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071392/

David said...

Daniel beat me to it. The Day the Earth Moved is what I came up with as well.

David said...

You can watch it here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_3zmx1jxIA

David said...

Jackie Cooper was also a prominent Little Rascal when he was a kid.