Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Haffkrug

On Saturday I got up early, bought a "state" ticket for the next day (we planned to watch a movie in Hamburg Sunday) and biked all the way to Haffkrug on the Baltic coast to the north of Luebeck. Finally I am in shape enough to make it to the coast without killing myself (after 4 months of exercise). I went swimming before it got crowded and biked south along the coast for a ways stopping to eat brunch at a bakery then headed back after going as far as Timmendorfer Strand (20 miles, 33km total!). For lunch I grabbed a Doener Kebab and I made it as far back as Eutin (12.5 miles, 20 km) before I was completely exhausted. They were having some kind of road rally in Eutin. Many of the roads were blocked off with crowds and judges watching from the sides as old fashioned cars with numbered stickers on their sides whipped around the track. I watched that for a while then bought a ticket and rode the train the rest of the way home.

No comments: