Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Balloon Mail

Now that spring is back I've been biking more in the mornings before work. (Although so far this week it's turned cold, windy and rainy again.) Last Tuesday I was biking around the edge of the large lake (Grosser Ploener See) and noticed some "trash" caught in some bushes. I stopped to grab it and throw it away when I got to the next trash can but noticed it was a postcard tied to two heart shaped balloons. Apparently a couple had just been married in Luebeck and they released these balloons for people to mail back to them. For fun, I've hung onto it for a week and am sending it with V and the kids tomorrow (they are flying to the US). I've put it into a larger mailing envelope for V to mail it to the couple from the US--to make them wonder.

100_0957

100_0960

1 comment:

David said...

Love the idea to mail it from the US.