Sunday, May 10, 2009

Road Test

I went to Eutin today (by train) to test drive a car that we might buy. It is the first time I have driven a car in well over a year, the first time driving a stick shift in many, many years, and the first time driving in the Old World in my entire life. Fortunately I didn't wreck or run over anyone, I practiced for a while outside of town, then drove around some in town to get used to the signs and right of ways, and I ended up driving all the way back to Ploen! I think I can do this! Along the way there were some beautiful yellow rape seed fields which are blooming at this time of year here.

P1190474
The Car

P1190477
Me driving

P1190464
A Field (drive-by shot out the window)

P1190471
A German in their natural habitat (she actually owns the car).

No comments: