Sunday, August 10, 2008

Belt broke and a rat appeared

This weekend not much of anything happened. We lazed around the apartment and just relaxed for a change. The big news was my belt broke. I have had it for 12 years and wore it almost every day. It has gone with me on trips to the South Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East and survived all of that, but it finally just wore out, so I guess I will have to get another one for the next 12 years (till 2020). Also, I went to the lakeside to read my book and it started raining heavily. Suddenly a rat scurried down the bank beside me heading for the water. It paused, then jumped in and swam toward me. I could almost have reached out and touched it when it seemed to sense me and did a 180 and disappeared in the grass in the other direction.

No comments: