Monday, August 4, 2008

Bike work

Saturday and Sunday it was working on the bikes and practicing riding them. I've had a flat on my back tire for a few weeks now and miss being able to ride it so I finally patched the tube with a kit. I did this with T and showed him how to take the tube out and find the leak with soapy water. We also blinged T's bike some more by adding a rear view mirror to the handle bar that his uncle D got him.

P1140198

Then T, M and I went to a nearby parking lot for M to practice riding.

P1140239

After some practice we went on a short bike trip on a nice, level, uncrowded trail next to one of the lakes. M did really well and is learning to bike fast (only her second real day learning). The kids went swimming for a while at the far end of the trip then we biked back. There were several tip overs and restarts for M, but she did very well, and only once almost rode off the bank into the lake, but she stopped the bike in time. The next day we went back for more practice, but V also came along and rode on her new bike as well.

P1140213

When everyone gets up to speed I would like to do some family biking trips together.

No comments: