Friday, March 14, 2008

A bottle of beer

I forgot to mention this in the last post and there is a bug that deletes everything when I try to edit posts that have embedded Google maps, so I'm adding this as a separate post.

On the drive up to NC I also delivered a bottle of German beer to J as a thank you gift for helping us move. This was no ordinary bottle, it was three liters in size. I needed to bring my luggage bags back from Germany to pack more things here to move with us so I was essentially brining back empty luggage bags. This made it possible for me to fill one with the three liter bottle wrapped in some clothes. I was a little worried about bringing it in through customs because I think you are limited to two liters of alcoholic drinks in general; I declared it on the form, but they didn't say anything about it. J seemed pleased with the "beer bath" gift. At some point I would like to get a picture of the bottle (I forgot) and add it here so everyone can get a sense of its scale.

No comments: