Friday, March 28, 2008

Licht

Last night while walking home I met one of our neighbors, K. She saw me from her balcony and went inside to meet me in the stairwell and introduce herself. She spoke excellent English and was just back from the hospital (I didn't ask what for). While she was talking to me I noticed she was apparently dusting some plastic flowers she held. She showed me how crowded things were in her apartment; she apparently has lived there for a long time and accumulated a lot of stuff.

When I got up to our apartment I wired up some more light fixtures and picked up some bulbs to put in them during my lunch break. We now have at least one light hooked up in every room! I didn't expect it but being able to flip on a light in each room makes it feel a lot more homey.

No comments: