Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Not Uranium Glass



I picked up a black light for a couple dollars.  Above is the « antique vaseline » glass I mentioned before, along with some objects that fluoresce in black light.  Normal light above, black light below.  The "fragile" sticker on cardboard is especially striking.  Importantly however, the glasses are not fluorescing, so they do not contain uranium.  Not only am I disappointed, this is quite embarrassing.  I looked at them closer and they have an "mse" stamp underneath.  It doesn't take long on the internet to find out that this is the "Martha Stewart Everyday" line of glassware that you can buy at Kmart.  

Oh well, at least I am not the only one.  Here is a post from a depression glass collector that was taken in by these same glasses.  They had the MSL (Martha Stewart Living) stamp variant. 

No comments: