Saturday, April 28, 2012

An old chair

Here is another item of free furniture.  A wooden chair painted in white.


Underneath the seat is a label, Tarm Stole Møbelfabric.  By the way, "fabric" means "factory" in German and I suspect it has the same meaning in Danish.  


There is also a "Made in Denmark, 1   9  8 4" stamped into the wood. 


You might be able to see the stamp in the picture above. 

The problem with this chair is the legs keep working their way loose and falling off.  This is exasperated/exacerbated (they both mean to intensify and annoy...) by M's habit of leaning it back on two legs.  I have glued it back together several times with carpenter's glue.  V suggested I throw it out but it has kind of turned into a running joke to see how far I can keep it stumbling along.  In the latest iteration I used a turnbuckle, plumber's chain, and some S-hooks to help hold the legs together, and so far it seems to be working. 


No comments: