Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Finished Unpacking

I got a much needed nights sleep, then got up early and went straight to unpacking the moving truck. It was much easier to unpack then to pack but it was still a full days work. M woke V up by request then went back to sleep. V and I unpacked all day, storing our stuff in the basement on shelves we built as we went, and finished just in time to turn it in by the 5pm deadline. In front of the rental place we got to see an obese motorcycle cop pulling over speeders. After that we went to Waffle House to celebrate. The kids wanted to sit at the bar and we wanted to sit in a booth. T said "we can sit up here so you two can have a date." The waitress overheard and laughed out load at that then came over and said she would look after them. So V and I and the kids sat separately and the waitress took our orders separately. We had a nice relaxing supper after a hard days work. I had hash-browns "all the way" with an unsweet tea as my final supper in America for a while. It was entertaining watching the cook who was very fast and skilled at multitasking different orders. It reminded me of a cook I saw in Cairo, Egypt at a local short order place I ate at once. Also, the waitress and cook were very polite. We could tell we were back in the south.

Now I have to pack for my flight tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so sweet. T is so thoughtful.