Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Made it to Georgia

We ate breakfast with my parents then got onto the road at noon. The kids rode with me in the truck starting out but I was very tired from getting hardly any sleep the last two nights. I made it to the Georgia state line then pulled off at the welcome center. I told V I was too tired to drive safely and needed some sleep. We switched the kids back to the car and I stretched out in the truck cab and tried to sleep. That didn't last long because of all the sunlight and I didn't like the idea of trucks driving by and looking in on me. I remembered that there was a lot of room under the seats and sure enough, I could stretch out under the seat with the sun blocked out and me not visible. I slept under there for a couple hours than woke up ready to drive some more. I quickly wound down however and pulled off at the last rest stop before Atlanta to get some more rest. By then it was dark and I slept much better. Then woke up and finished the rest of the driving. I finally pulled in around 9 pm and V and the kids were here waiting for me. Both of the kids were very happy. T was reunited with his dog "Lucy" (from New York) and M has her own room to sleep in and work on her crafts without her brother's interference. It's started raining here now so we plan to start unloading in the morning after, hopefully, a full nights rest.

No comments: