Friday, January 25, 2008

Last Day!!!

Today is my last day at my old job. I'm excited and couldn't sleep so I got up at 4 am. I've been thinking about the coming move so much, almost a year, that it almost seems normal to me that I will be leaving the country soon. There is still a lot left to be done. Finishing packing is not the least of them.

Last night my son (9) became very anxious about moving and worried about not speaking the language. I told him we were all in it together. We've tried our best to prepare the kids including German language classes for all of us on Saturdays, but any kind of move can be worrisome. My daughter (6) on the other hand is very excited and looking forward to it. She is too young to remember our last move from rural New York to urban Maryland. That move was difficult for my son however and he can remember living in New York where we had a house surrounded by fields and forest and he had his dog. Here in Maryland we live in a cramped apartment surrounded by people, traffic and the city. Adjusting to public school here has been difficult for him too, but that is over now. Both of the kids are out of school in preparation for the move.

No comments: