Thursday, January 24, 2008

One day left

I'm playing "Take this job and shove it" by David Allen Coe on the computer right now!

The big event today was I went to get my eyes examined before my insurance runs out. Tomorrow is payday so I'm waiting until then to order new glasses. The glasses I'm wearing now are around ten years old and covered in scratches. I got the full treatment including wide field testing, insurance doesn't cover, because I have a family history of blindness. Everything went well but my left eye has become a little bit more nearsighted.

I went to work and the boss didn't show up again. I finished revisions to an encyclopedia article I wrote and sent that off by email to London a few days early of the deadline. At work people kept interrupting me asking how to do things they could have figured out on their own if they had an ounce of patience. Actually I got a lot done but since I got up at 3 am I was pretty brain tired by 6pm. After that point I talked for a long time with my officemate (from Italy) about what happened to me on September 11th (2001). Then at 7pm it was time to head home. I backed up the files I had worked on that day and carried another box of books and papers and notebooks out to the car. I've been taking a little day by day so it's not so noticeable.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to clarify that these are your own personal books, papers and notebooks ;-).