Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Made it to North Carolina

Packing took much longer to finish than I anticipated. We set up a "mattress room" where the kids could sleep and we could sleep in shifts. Josh planned to drive a lot so he got to sleep first. I worked through the night, V worked late and JSF got up early to finish. We were finally done and the apartment swept down at 2:30 pm and headed out. JSF was a huge help; we couldn't have done it without him and would have still been packing. Once we got out on the road we split up, JSF and I in the truck and V and the kids (and their hamster) in the car. We only made two stops on the way down to fuel up (low sulfur diesel) and grab some food at gas stations. I was exhausted from being up packing all night and fell asleep for short spells in the truck while JSF drove, but at one point I woke up and heard the state of the union address on the radio. It's really something to be up on the same level as the truckers out on the highway and be able to look over into their cabs and down at all the other vehicles. We stopped in North Carolina for the night at around 1:30 am. We parked the truck in town and V dropped JSF off while I walked to my brothers house and V met me there. V was very tired, T was still awake but M was fast asleep.

My brother left early this morning and I woke up long enough to say bye to him then fell back asleep. Then my mother called and the ringer woke me up. My parents are coming down to see the kids. I talked to Vanessa and we decided we need to leave to Georgia immediately after that because unpacking will probably take longer than we realize and we need to turn the truck back in on Wednesday.

Here is our planned route down to Georgia.


View Larger Map

No comments: