Friday, January 25, 2008

Work is over!!!

Well not really, but it was my last official day in the lab and I feel like a huge weight has been lifted.

(A cockroach just crawled across the computer screen; I can't wait to get out of this apartment building.)

I started off every morning the same way lately. Fixing a pot of tea and hot water for oatmeal and going over my German flash cards. Today was payday so this morning we went to order new glasses. We got there early so we killed some time by walking around the grocery store next door. I felt good so I carried my daughter on my shoulders all around the grocery store. I got some wasabi peas, sushi (my daughters request), and packing tape. Then went to the eye glasses store and picked out some frames. There my wife announced that my mother-in-law offered to pay for the glasses as a gift (thanks!). So I was able to get transitions lenses, something I have wanted for a long time! After that we grabbed a quick breakfast at the Atlanta Bakery. They were out of bagels (I usually get a toasted "everything" bagel without cream cheese) so I tried a cherry filling croissant and my usual chai with skim milk. I went over my flash cards again. Then I had to go to work. Work today was very difficult and doesn't bear going into details here (at some point I chipped my tooth, a lower incisor, but it is just a small part missing), but finally at 7:30 pm my last meeting with the boss was over and at 8pm I was through! I will be returning briefly in March to wrap things up (and pick up my new glasses) and there is a lot of work for me to do in the meantime to finish projects and process paperwork, but for now I can focus on packing, moving and my new life!

In the morning my cousin (JSF) is flying into town to help us pack and drive down south.

1 comment:

newfrank said...

In thinking back on this the ironic thing is the my son, T, also chipped one of his teeth, a lower incisor, less than a week before.