Saturday, January 26, 2008

Obama Won the SC Primary!

I am not a democrat, so I don't vote in the primaries, but I just saw that CNN is projecting Obama will win the SC primary by a large margin. Of the democrats that are running now he is my favorite and I am very happy he is doing so well. Honestly, I would have preferred Al Gore or Howard Dean, but they are not running (I first voted for Clinton in 1992 because I liked Al Gore). I don't like Hillary Clinton's support of the patriot act, the war in Iraq and some things she has said about the Palestinians. On the republican side I prefer McCain (largely because of his criticism of Guantanamo, but I don't like that he supported the war in Iraq), but I like Obama much better than McCain.

Since I've brought up politics. Why aren't we fighting Al Qaeda, who actually attacked us repeatedly in the 90s and 2000s, in Afghanistan and Pakistan rather than invading Iraq to remove Saddam Hussein, who had absolutely nothing to do with Al Qaeda, and put in our own government?

No comments: