Saturday, January 7, 2012

First Words!

Yesterday, on Old Christmas (Jan. 6), F said something!

F is 9 months old now and has been making all kinds of noises, most of them seem to be random.  However, yesterday she was playing with a paper towel roll that was standing up on its end; she knocked it over and made a noise.  I didn't recognize it as a word so it didn't register right away, but it was fresh in my "sound memory."  A few minutes later she was playing with the pots and pans in a cabinet in the kitchen.  One fell out on the floor and she made the same sound again, "uh-oh."  Only then did I make the connection and realize she had said something that was appropriate to the context.  V was at a job training/interview session all day (so I was home in charge of the kids, but men taking over household work is also a tradition on Old Christmas in Ireland) and I texted her right away to tell her what had happened.

No comments: