Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

V, T and M got dressed up and went to the radio show today (I bought them tickets as a Christmas present).  They went to "A Prairie Home Companion" with Garrison Keillor which is broadcasting this week from Honolulu.  I also got them valet parking at the theater so they wouldn't have to find a parking space somewhere else and walk.

Meanwhile F and I did several activities like hanging up laundry (she enjoys holding onto a clothes pin and touching it to the clothes I am hanging up while holding her) and playing with her new play tent and crawl tube. 

We also have a jump on growing pumpkins for next year.  We saved the seeds in the fridge from carving pumpkins back in October and planted them in temporary pots (T and M each planted seeds from their pumpkin) in early December (the first time I have planted pumpkins in December!).  They quickly sprouted and we transplanted them to bare patches in the yard that need some ground cover.  Here is what some of the plants looked like on New Years Eve! 


There were also a lot of fire works set off tonight.  Just after midnight on a whim I grabbed my camera and snapped some pictures.  This is handheld in low light with suboptimal exposure settings, but some have nice effects.










1 comment:

Alessia said...

Happy New Year to all of you guys.
Really miss you very much but I am very happy to read that you are having a great time in the Hawaii.
The kids are growing up so fast. Wow!!! I need to come to visit to know the little one. She is super cute!!!
Alessia