Monday, February 4, 2008

Ich bin ein Plöner

Today I offically registered as a resident with the local Rathaus (courthouse)! I had to do this in order to open up a bank account (and it is required by law) so that I can start recieveing paychecks. On my walk to the Rathaus I noticed that part of the roof is missing now on my future apartment. I could see through into the attic. The workers were raising and lowering something to the apartment with buckets and a rope, and the framing around my bedroom window is larger than the other windows now. Anyway, after registering they gave me a document saying I'm a resident then I went to Eutin again (on the train for only €2.60, not on a bike, I saw two deer in a field along the way) to the Deutsch Bank office and opened a banking account. Without this account I can't recieve income. Evidentally, here in Germany they only do direct depost and can't issue you a paycheck. After that it was lunch time so I headed to Knaack, where else? By now I had my order down 'Ein Käsebröchten mit Schinken und Cappuchino, bitte.' Then it was back to Plön. On the walk from the train station to my workplace the workers were now nailing tarpaper to the roof to go under the shingles. At work I met another one of "the team" (it feels strange to be "the boss" for a change) and got my keys for the building and so on. On the bad side the computer I ordered for work is back ordered and I probably wont get it for a couple more weeks, which makes it difficult for me to work in the meantime, but I will see if they can loan me one until then.

By the way, I overslept a bit this morning and didn't go biking. It is dark now but perhaps I can go for another ride in the morning before work.

1 comment:

David said...

Gott im Himmel, wo ist mein Kaffee? ;)