Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tried to Bike to Timmdorf

This morning G suggested I try the route to Timmdorf. He really liked it. Starting out I caught a good picture of the sunrise over the Edebergsee.

P1110840

I missed my turn but it was a really nice, level route next to the lake. I stopped in the town of Niederkleveez (just south of Trollholm, by the way some of the place names around here are wonderful, like Taterborn!) where I realized I was off course from the road signs. I noticed the sign back toward Plön had an apparent rune character for the "P" in it so I snapped a shot.

P1110848

This place actually hooked back up with the route back from Eutin I took last Sunday so I went back this way and stopped at a new grocery store to get a cappuccino and look around. Then it was off to work. At 7pm G and I made a run to IKEA in Kiel and picked up some more parts for the lab furniture and a "curly grass" plant for the office. I now have my desk set up with pictures of the kids, a plant (see above), some reference books, a lamp, file cabinents and dry erase boards, clock and dry erase calendar. My private IKEA empire is taking shape! Here is the mornings route (in orange):


View Larger Map

No comments: