Saturday, February 2, 2008

Went for a bike ride

I couldn't resist. I had to take it out immediately when we got back to Ploen. The great things about this area is that there are bike trails everywhere. Even some of the major sidewalks have their own dedicated bike lanes (as opposed to the drainage ditch on the side of the road we call bike lanes in the states). G and I both rode our bikes on a trail that goes around the lake, but we didn't nearly go that far. We went part way toward a town called Bosau and then it "opened up on us" and started snowing heavily so we turned back. (which was a good thing, my legs were exhausted from being out of shape when we got back.) It's strange being on a bike again; I feel very shaky and uncoordinated on it. Here is a map with some pictures.

PS - The price tag for the bike was written on some duct tape that was taped to the seat. While riding it came off and ended up taped to my butt. G noticed and had some choice things to say about it for his entertainment during the ride.

No comments: